.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

March 21, 2005

Touché, Pussy Cat!

I really like the lunchtime conversations at our office, we made it from Rawandan genocide to My Cousin Vinny to Warner Bros cartoons in a freakishly short period of time. I revealed that while enjoying a classical concert, in which my friend Jen performed, a couple weeks ago I simply could not stop images of cartoon bunnies and bees and Wile E. Coyote from running through my head. We wondered why it was exactly that the coyote didn't just send away for food, he obviously had access to the mail system. I propose these answers:

The Cynic:
The only sponsor (Acme) did not sell food and would therefore not profit from Wile E. Coyote ordering from a competitor.

The Biologist:
As a mammal of canine relation the coyote is ingrained with a need to hunt and catch his own food, his instincts will not allow him to recognize food in any other form.

The Psychologist:
Wile E. Coyote suffers from a strong case of father envy and he percieves that the only way to prove his own masculinity is to commit a violent murder of an otherwise inocuous animal.

The Romantic:
Wile E. Coyote gets joy out of the thrill of the hunt and does not in actuality wish to eat or kill the Road Runner although he may believe that he does.

Oh and also, one of my coworkers revealed that she was once kicked out of her Endocrinology class for performing an impression of the wonderful Wile E. Coyote.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?