.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

March 02, 2005

A Royal Outback Welcome

From Reuters, the Aussies in typical outback fashion have decided to throw the visiting Prince Charles a bachelor party. They've promised to keep it tame but from what I remember of Alice Springs that's not saying much. I visited Alice Springs once in the midst of a Didgeridoo festival of all things. Most of the "city" is pretty quiet but once you get in the bars it's hard to keep a sober head on your shoulders, and I've been to the bar where the Royal Stag party is scheduled to be held. Here's what I remember of that bar: the camel meat pie was just about the worst meal I've ever had and there was a Giant (I'd guess about 40ft long) Boaconstrictor that one of the locals had brought in for the fun of it. I along with 30 or so other people helped hold the enormous snake for the Webcam they have perminently installed above the dance floor. The band also taught us visiting yanks a local song, with motions and all, which we drunkenly performed for the promised internet audience. It was a rip roaring wonderful night, aside from the Homemade Camel and Guiness Pie of course. Perhaps I should have gone for the Thai Style Crocodile Salad or the Homemade Todd River Gum Smoked Emu instead. If you don't believe me check out the Menu.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?