.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

February 07, 2005

Jalapeno Wine and Valentines Day Ducks

I'm here at my parents house. I walked in and my parents are now inundated in bubbling vats of wine and beer. A normal day in the Sargeant household. A lovely quote from dinner as we ate surrounded on all sides by burbling-soon-to-be-alcohol:
Dad: Hear that? That's my beer!
Mom and Me: Yes, we hear it.
Dad: It's making indecent noises in the corner!

The tour de force, however, of my parents newly resurrected hobby is the result of my father curiously browsing wine recipe's on the internet (he originally wanted to make sweet potato wine). His eye's lit up and he promptly dragged my mother to the wine makers store to buy the instrumentation and yeast. A day and 3/4 lbs of Jalapenos later I walk in the door to a gallon of Jalapeno Wine in the sink. It had been moved there as the amount of jalapenos and the diminutive size of the bottle were working against each other. They had awoken this morning to jalapenos everywhere and the grapes not far behind. My parents had decided to rekindle their love affair with wine and beer making after their recent trip out to Colorado to welcome their new grandson into the world, where my brother-in-law has his own home brewery set up. Here is a picture of the Jalapeno Wine as proof. It took us a couple minutes to come up with the perfect backdrop but we decided that my mom's Valentine's Day Ducks were best.

Here is the Jalapeno Wine and my mom's ducks

Comments:
Oh lord, Julie. This sounds like about the most unpleasant thing ever. I had thought when Brian brought some bottles of his mom's college-era dandelion wine to UVA that I had witnessed the nadir of wine, but this has got that beat. No offense to your parents' wine and beermaking skills which I'm sure are impressive, but jalapeno wine sounds potentially lethal.

- Tom
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?