.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

March 14, 2005

I think with more beers I'll get more yeses

So another weekend of too much beer and way too little sleep for me. On Friday, Na and I headed to Bailey's to get tickets for the St. Patty's day Block party in Ballston the next day. We stayed to watch the first half of the UVa vs. Duke BBall game. I'm generally not a BBall fan or much of a college/professional sports fan, with the exception of Soccer, sometimes. But I must admit that it was kind of fun when you have a die hard Duke fan on your right and a whole group of Techies on your left. We got to talk trash and then head home before we were totally trounced. Good stuff.

The next morning Na, Brian and I ran a 10k race around the Capitol. Catherine was supposed to run too but a bad sore throat and over all state of sickness got in the way. It was a beautiful morning with no rain or snow in sight, and I finished in about 53 min, I think. Afterwards, we went to the Ballston Block Party. Let's just say that drinking a 23oz Guiness before lunch makes Julie a very happy girl. There was much laughing, a little drunk dialing and a lot of spilling of beer all over myself, half the time it wasn't my fault though. Also, Na and I started playing the Yes/No game. This is old hat to all of you guys I'm sure but I'd never played it, and it was quite fun. What you do is, every guy you see you say whether or not you would date them, based purely on looks. I surprised Naomi a little with at least one of the guys I said Yes about. Also, Naomi and I confirmed our theory that the reason we get along so well as roomates is that we have completely different tastes in guys. There was only 1 guy the entire afternoon that we both said Yes to.

Now, I did something really mean at the Block Party. I feel bad about it, but really, I didn't mean to be mean. I laughed uncontrollably, and well, maybe a little manically, in a guys face. Here's some background information. There were at least 2 people at the race that morning and another 1 or 2 at the block party that I had had a 5 min conversation with, without knowing a) their names or b) where I know them from. This is a common ailment of mine. I'm the worst at remembering people, usually if I recognize someone but can't place them I will completely ignore it for fear of offending them or humiliating myself. But when they come up to you, and say something like "Julie! I haven't seen you in forever, do you still live in the area? How's your family doing?" It's really hard to ignore them. So generally, I have a very pleasant conversation then afterwards rack my brain for any information about them, usually I come up with nothing. Anyway, after this has happened 3 or 4 times in one day I was starting to think I was going crazy. So when this poor guy came up to me and grabbed my arm to get my attention then said "Hey, how are you doing?" I thought that it was someone else from my past that I had completely forgotten. As drunk as I was, at this point more beer ended up on the street than in my mouth, I gave him an extremely rude look and shouted in his face "DO I KNOW YOU?" The poor guy looked extremely startled then mumbled a "Um, No". I couldn't stop myself, I began laughing uncontrollably directly in his face! I don't think I took a breath for at least 2 minutes and would have fallen over if I weren't held up on all sides by other revelers. The poor guy practially sprinted out of there, which is impressive with the amount of people cramped together. I wish he had stayed around for me to explain why it was I was laughing in his face, and that I didn't really mean to damage is poor ego, but it probably would have come out completely incoherent anyway, and he's probably better off. Sadly, I guess into all lives a little drunken Julie must fall.

Comments:
Thanks for the weekend narrative. I'll provide the pictures on my blog later tonight
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?