.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

April 05, 2005

"Stand Your Ground" in Florida

I'm all for self-defense and all. I loved learning that little trick in Judo class 4th year at UVa where you can totally take someone twice your size down and make them beg for mercy. That was awesome, I would have described myself as most enthusiastic. However, just about the first thing that they teach you in every self-defense class is that if you can get away, do it. Only resort to physical defense if it's absolutely necessary. Florida, however, does not believe that people should have to take that wimpy-non-killing way out. They think that a persons life is less important than the "shame" of running away from a fight. It doesn't matter that the person is threatening your life, YOU ARE KILLING SOMEONE! Come on people, if there is an alternative, I don't give a rats ass about your male pride!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?