.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

April 06, 2005

Registration Blues

This sucks! I finally make up my mind to run a marathon.I figure hey, I want to do it once in my life and I'm only getting older and more out of shape, right? Also, no offense marathon running friends, but I'm sick and tired of going down to The Mall every halloween and cheering for 5 frickin' hours. Hehe, just kidding.

Anyway, so I wait up last night to register, since the registration opened at midnight last night. I wait up til about 1:00am and am still unable to get to the form page, meanwhile Brian has gotten there twice, he graciously offers to sign up for me, thanks Brian! Now here's the problem, after he hit the submit button, all he got was a blank page, this happened both when he registered himself and me. The Marine Corp Marathon website tells us that we will get an email within 24 hours, but what if we don't and what if registration is closed by midnight tonight? What to do, what to do. I'm currently on hold with Active.com Customer Support, and there are 1 persons in front of me. Let's hope they can tell me what to do.

Update: I'm in! I finally got ahold of a very nice person from Active.com customer support and she seemed to have gotten a lot of the same call already, but amazingly she was still way too happy and cheerfull for 9 o'clock in the morning. Anyway, she said that I was probably not already registered and that I should keep trying until I get the confirmation page. So I went back to the website and presto! I got to the form on the first try, it was so easy! Now I wish I hadn't stayed up so late last night.

Comments:
Yeah, that was way more effort than necessary. I managed to finally register for real at around 9:15 this morning.
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?