.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

May 17, 2006

Judoing?

So here's the update on the Judo Tournament this last weekend! It was held at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs and I got a GOLD MEDAL!! Ok, ok so there was only one other Senior Woman there to fight and she is a white belt. But hey, it's still a medal, right? The only other woman there was Mindy, who is also from Denver Judo so technically our dojo swept the division, go us! The two of us weighed in at the exact same weight and I might be a little stronger than her but she's no weakling that's for sure. If Mindy's boyfriend ever sends me the picture of the two of us on the podium I'll post it but for now you'll have to do with this:


DJ loved the medal.

Mindy and I fought twice the first one I won with Tomo Nage (Circle Throw)

Graphic from Judoinfo.com (if you can't see it click the link)

The second one, I'm not really sure what happened. I had her in a pin and time ran out, so I guess I had more points than her. Judo scoring is incredibly confusing. There are 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and full points as well as the opposite in penalties. The referee yells them out as you go in Japanese and does not stop the match when someone scores a point. There is a score board where they keep track but it was already reset by the time I looked at it so I have no idea what points I had and what I didn't. Anyway, that's how it went.

This Saturday is Rank Testing and I'm going for my green belt. Very exciting. There are a whole bunch of pins, throws, and terms that I have to know. Unfortunately, I twisted my ankle yet again on monday and won't be able to participate in practice tonight. But it shouldn't be too much of a problem on Saturday, provided I tape it up.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?