.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

August 23, 2005

Tomato Mania



Most summers my company has a nice little picnic or lunch of some sort to help the two offices socialize and get to know each other. Unfortunately, we almost never intermingle and instead spend most of the time talking to the people in our own office anyway. The whole thing is very fruitless (not sorry for the terrible pun).

This year one of my coworkers came up with the idea of doing something constructive instead. And picking food for the poor won out over other more costly ideas such as going to a Nationals game. I had a lot of fun, we got to hang out in the sun, get a little dirty and do a little charity. Also, we got to take home any tomatoes we wanted to. Unfortunately, I wore a tank top and in my effort to make sure I got every fruit on the plant, made a habit of leaning over the bush as far as possible. I noticed several hours later that my armpits were dyed green by whatever chemicals they sprayed on plants. Of course this was after I had spent most of the day in public, still with a tank top on. I wonder what those old highschool friends thought of me when I saw them at the mall sporting my alien colored underarms? Ah well.

Here are some more pictures, taken by my coworker Liz. Yesterday really was gorgeous, the perfect day to be out and about.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?