.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

August 17, 2005

The DMV, NICE? No way.

So, I'm an idiot and of course I let my vehicle registration go out of date before renewing it. However, I eventually did decide to fix that and went over to the DMV website to see how that could be done. I first find out that since I recently moved and my address is now out of date, I have to first change my address before renewing my registration. I then find out that I need a PIN number with the DMV to do so. Since, I've not done anything online with the DMV before, I don't seem to have a PIN number, so of course I request one, but the only way they have to get it to me is to send it to my address on file, which is of course no longer my address. I call up the DMV to explain that they are about to send my PIN number to the wrong address but it is virtually impossible to get a real person on the line. So I sit back and put my trust in the US Postal Service who I have asked to forward all of my mail for me. This was 2 weeks ago. I finally got my new PIN number Monday but too late as I came back from my weekend trip to NY State sunday with a ticket for having expired tags neatly tucked under my windshield wipers (which also need replacing).

Anyway, I got my PIN and went back to the website today to change my address and renew my registration, all of which was so painless that I thought, "Hey! while I'm at it I'll renew my license" which will expire at the end of September. I had thought that because of my ridiculous amount of speeding tickets they would make me retake the written test and not let me renew online. But the License Renewal form I got in the mail the same day as my new PIN number mentioned nothing about having to go in and retake the test, so I figure why not give it a shot. It was easy, a little TOO easy if you get my meaning. They tell me that I will receive a new license within 5 business days, but I have the sneaking suspicion that instead I'll get another letter, accompanied by a study booklet, telling me that I have to go into the DMV to take the written test. But, if this is the case, why couldn't they have just told me up front? What about the people that don't realize they might need to take the test and wait till the last minute to renew?

Comments:
that's really weird. i'm pretty sure you should have to retake it. i had two speeding tickets within like two years or whatever, and i had to redo it.
 
Soo how many tickets have you gotten? Will we have to change Cujo to Speedy gonzales?
I have never heard of someone having to retake a written test becuase of speeding tickets. hmm well Good Luck Jules.
--Vicki
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?