.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

June 09, 2005

Wining in Millwood

Last weekend Teresa, Naomi, Brian and I went to the Vintage Virginia Wine festival. A wonderful way to spend a nice sunny Saturday. A bus drops you off in a huge field filled with little tents serving mouthfulls of every type of wine imaginable. Although, the vast majority of the tents were dedicated to making the many revelers drunk enough to buy more wine than they intended (Brian bought 9 bottles I believe) there were a few tents selling concoctions of the more spicy variety and reaping the same inebriation benefits. There was the Chili Man with a variety of salsas, the sauces tent selling cooking sauces like the teriyaki that Naomi bought, and about 10 different places selling "Outback" hats. There was also many many people with these handsfree necklace wine glass holders.

This is a disaster waiting to happen because as it keeps the glass hanging around your neck, it does not necessarily keep the wine in the glass. There was one woman with a red wine stain covering about half of her white tanktop.

Brian and I came prepared for the ride home with the ingredients for some very warm rum and cokes. Things that stand out for the rest of that night are dropping a piece of Tunnel of Fudge Cake that Brian and I had made the night before on the kitchen floor and bringing out my silly hat collection yet again, cause it wouldn't be a party without it. Things I don't remember doing are, cleaning up the floor after dropping the cake and eating anything. I was not feeling good for my 10 am and 90 degree soccer game the next morning.

Comments:
Hey! It was only 7 bottles, thank you very much. And I prefer to think of myself as someone with a refined taste for good wines as opposed to a drunk with a credit card.
 
Really? I thought it was more than that. Are you including the Chili Pepper Wine?
 
chili pepper wine? oh lord

what is it with you people and making wine out of things that aren't grapes?
 
Yes, that includes the chili pepper wine. The chili pepper wine is very spicy and is meant for cooking not drinking. Although I could drink it pretty easily in the event of an emergency.
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?