.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

May 17, 2005

Monday night debauchery

I cannot stress enough how lucky I felt to live in the DC area last night when during Naomi's kickball game I went for a 40 or so minute run around the mall and memorials. It was perfect running weather. I finally got to see the FDR memorial, which until now I've somehow missed. And I felt really good about running dispite my pre-run trip to McDonalds, my constantly complaining left ankle, and the abundance of teenage school trips that seemed to be everywhere.

After kickball is bar and flip cup. I had a great time last night, this is probably due to the fact that we were the first people at the bar after the game and I decided early on that since I wasn't eating dinner there and I wasn't driving home, I might as well get drunk. Only three teams showed up at our bar, which was nice. We played our requisite post kickball flip cup challenge against the grey team who trounced Na's team in kickball, but seemed to be rather evenly matched at flip cups (we won 3-2). Then we had several rounds of a mixture of all three teams. By this time I was, how do you say, rather tipsy and screaming at my opponents facing me across the table. Na and I went head to head a couple rounds and much trash talking ensued.

Fun was had by everyone except the non-kickballers who made the mistake of sitting outside at the Exchange on a Monday night. I ran right into this one couple's table, and the horrified looks on their faces was enough to make me slightly ashamed for about a minute, at which point I decided it was their fault for not getting the waiters to move them to another table in the first place. Poor innocent bystanders.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?