.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

May 13, 2005

Snoopy, I need you!

Something happened to me in Italy. I have become Gelato obsessed. The strange thing is that I was never an ice cream person before. I don't crave it, except for the occasional Friendly's Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Sundae (droool) or perhaps a box of Fudgcicles, when they're on sale. Other than that I just about never buy ice cream. Sometimes I even convince myself that I don't like it. Anyway, Snoopy has changed all that. The best ice cream related product I've ever had, and this includes that 7 euro monster gelato I had in Florence, was from the Snoopy Gelateria in Cortona. I just about melt with longing as I write this. It's amazing and I think that anyone on our trip would agree with me. Probably my saddest moment in Italy was when we came back from dinner one night and went into Cortona specifically for some Snoopy, and sadly they were closed. I was heartbroken I tell ya. The thing is I guess I hadn't realized just how much I'm now obsessed with gelato until this morning. I am now demanding it for services rendered, in my dreams!
No, no nothing like that, get your mind out of the gutter!

Here was my dream:

I'm at the office sitting at my computer. Coworker Steve knocks on my door and walks in.
Steve: Hey Julie, do you think that you could help me with this Word problem? [then proceeds to ask random Microsoft Word question involving setting columns or something, which apparently I'm the local expert on]
Me: Yeah no problem Steve, but before I do anything you have to get me a Snoopy Gelato. Frutti di Bosci, please.
Steve: Uh, sure OK.
Steve leaves and returns minutes later with the supreme Snoopy gelato, half frutti di bosci and half some other flavor with cake bits and some sort of creamy peanut buttery taste. I snarf (yes, snarf) it down like there's no tomorrow.
End Dream.

There is seriously something wrong with me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?