.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

April 15, 2005

What is a meme anyway?

Naomi has passed this meme thing to me. And as far as I can figure out that means I'm supposed to post an answer to this topic:

List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can’t really understand the fuss over.


Ok this should be easy!

!. Reality TV
That's right I pretty much hate reality TV. Loathe it actually. I have been known to get sucked into a show once in a while but I'm stuck with a feeling of guilt and selfloathing for at least a week afterwards.

@. Music Concerts
I think I'm just about the only person I know that simply doesn't like concerts. Even bands that I know and love. The exceptions are concerts where I get to sit down and apparently concerts where Carbon Leaf is headlining. Not that I don't like music, I love all kinds of music. Music can get you through anything, be it a tragic life experience or merely a rainy day slump.

#. Clubbing
Ok, I love to dance and sometimes I enjoy dressing up (although admittedly very rarely) but I am never able to justify paying $10 or more merely to cram yourself into an over packed, over noisy, under lighted, usually dirty, cesspool of hormone drenched and drunken 20 somethings. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. You can't carry on a conversation with anyone and so I usually spend the night staring alternately at the ceiling and the floor and trying to position myself so that I'm not in danger of making accidental eye contact with the group of skeevy guys lurking in the shadows behind my friends.

$. Pro Sports on TV
I usually make an exception for soccer here but in reality, I don't much enjoy watching soccer games on TV either. I know that there are a lot of girls out there that share this inablity to see the big fuss about spectator sports but I thought I'd put this in anyway. Feel free to lump sport based video games into this category too.

%. Melons
Watermelons, cantaloupe, honey dew if it's of the melon variety I don't like it.

I guess I've changed the intent of this meme slightly, sorry, it somehow became, "Stuff I don't like that others do" but oh well. Also, how did I get so bitter this morning?

Comments:
I was totally behind you up until #4. Now I'm afraid we can no longer be friends.
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?