.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

June 02, 2005

X & Y

I'm currently listening to the new Coldplay Album X&Y. Not sure how it is that my "contact" got ahold of it since it seems that it's not supposed to hit stores in the US until Tuesday next week. However, it's pretty much what you would expect, nothing ground shaking, your typical Coldplay output as far as I'm concerned. But, it's enjoyable. I do really like the guitar heavy bonus track called "Til Kingdom Come". Chris Martin's voice is a lot lower, not his typical high wailing voice he uses so often.

I'm quite a bit partial to Coldplay on account of the fact that they're music will probably always remind me of driving through Tasmania in a huge Land Cruiser, attempting not to be hit by a wicker ball from the Eisch Kleicker game in the back as well as keeping a look out for Tasmanian Devils in the road ahead. Our fearless leader, Simon (also a professor for just about the coolest class I've ever taken), was obsessed with Coldplay at the time and we got to hear Parachutes over and over again for the week that we were in Tassie. Not a bad way to spend Easter break as far as I'm concerned.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?