.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

December 23, 2004

And so it begins...

Last weekend was loads of fun. Friday I went on a Potomac River cruise for our company christmas party. The food was alright, the scenery was pretty, the wind was gusty, the dancing was horrendous, and sadly the drunken Elvis/Santa impersonator was missing.

I went to Catherine, Tom and Charles' holiday party on friday night, which was hoppin'. Sadly, there was no mistletoe but there was good homemade eggnog (the best I've had besides my mom's, that's saying a lot) and mulled wine. By the time I'd exhausted my eggnog drinking abilities and made it to the wine, Jeff had been there and apparently added a ton of sugar. I loved it and drank it most of the rest of the night. After we sent the weaker partiers home a few of us hunkered down to observe the Dr. Mario duel of our lives. Slightly drunk and beligerent the two Dr. Mario heavyweights did not dissapoint. Although Naomi trounced Jeff, as lets face it we all knew she would, it was an extremely entertaining game (as Dr. Mario goes). At some point in the evening Naomi and Brian had discovered Sober Ride, a free taxi service for the holidays. She called them up and about half an hour later a taxi showed up. Na and I headed outside and got into the Taxi (from hell) only to find that the cab's transmission was out of wack. Our driver could not get it into Reverse! Also, the idiot had pulled up behind another car and so we couldn't get out on to the street. I was fearing that we would have to get out and push but luckily Jon and Adam's cab had arrived at about the same time as ours, so our driver got them to get out of their cab and push us back enough to pull out. Thanks guys! This was not our cab's only problem, we also discovered to great amusement that the car would not go above 50 mph, how lovely and not in the least disconcerting. I might have thought about getting out of the cab and calling another after the reverse incident but a) I was drunk b) I was tired and c) it was something like 4 am. Anyway, Naomi being the nice person that she is was giving directions to the driver, because you can't always expect a DC driver to know the in and outs of the Arlington roadways. Anyway, he let her direct him the entire way until we made it to Williamsburg Blvd (a block away from our house) she was about to tell him which street to turn on for our house when all of a sudden he snapped at her "I KNOW WHERE IT IS!" What a jerk!

Anyway, the next night, after a somewhat uncomfortable morning, I joined my family for a concert at Jammin' Java in Vienna. It was a Doors Tribute band, excellent! The only problem was that as I only own one Doors cd (that i love) there were several songs that I didn't know very well. Also, the band was extremely loud (although my brother in law maintained that they were not louder than any other concert). We left a little bit early but were mostly pleased with the concert. There were about 5 guys dancing up front throughout the entire concert. If you've ever been to Jammin' Java you'll understand how funny it is to see rave dancing directly in front of the band. This and the lead singer's full on leather pants provided endless amusement. After the concert however, things get a little hazy. I went to a bar with my sister, brother-in-law and their friends, but didn't realize until the next day (when we went to pick up the car) that the bar was in the middle of Clarendon. Then we went to my sister's friends house and there was much tequila, a bit of beer, and much more pizza than was needed. Also we played Trival Pursuit Pop Culture, the one with the DVD. But as most board games started at 3am we didn't get very far. I think that the random guy I was paired with and I got to answer only one question the entire game cause once the pizza came the game got pushed aside and was never revived.

I don't think I got over that night until about 9pm the next day. But i got to try Bailey's Icecream with Reeses Peanut Butter cups and watch Elf and The Terminal, so I tried not to complain too much.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?