.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

November 17, 2004

Smokey and the Flight Attendants

So I'm heading off to a work meeting for two days. It's a meeting for the Flight Attendants Medical Research Institute, basically "We'll give you money if you find out another reason why smoking will kill you". What will my schedule look like? Not all that exciting. I'll probably find out a lot more than I ever wanted to know about what causes smoking diseases. (here's a hint: SMOKING causes smoking diseases) Ah well, at least it gets me out of the office for two days. I wish that my laptop at the meeting had an internet connection, cause then I could check out an eBook and read while I pretended to be interested in what all of these famous-in-their-field Ph.D.'s have to say. I know that after this meeting I will have all sorts of medical facts and figures to pull out of my butt in order to support any anti-smoking agenda. However, I get the sneaking suspicion that on friday night I'll head out to a bar to relax and have a pint then turn to the person next to me and say "I would kill for a smoke".

Comments:
As a fellow attendee of this conference, I have to say "amen" to your sentiments - though I'll blissfully be tucked away from all the discussions. Don't forget to grab me before you run off to the bar Friday! I'll need a drink or two after playing fire control for two days - and that pun was intended.
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?