.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

December 03, 2004

TGIF

Ok, so sorry for the long lagg in postage. But, I'm finally done with all that work that's been bogging me down lately. Now, I just have to get myself caught up on everything that was tossed to the side for the last two or three weeks.

Thanksgiving was lots of fun. Hung out with the family and partied hardy with my bro and cousins. And here I thought I was too old to be out till 4 am two nights in a row. Once, again my relatives have pulled the inner-college-kid out of me.

Been reading a lot recently, I got three books from the EarthSea Cycle by Ursula LeGuin from the Library on Sunday and finished all three by the next Sunday. LeGuin is one of my favorite Fantasy novelists, The Left Hand of Darkness is a masterpiece. I liked the Earthsea books but they weren't nearly up to Tolkein standards (as some tout them to be). But, oh well, they were a fun read anyway.

Currently, I'm reading Deception Point by Dan Brown, yes that guy who wrote the DaVinci Code. I must say that I really, after all, don't like Brown's writing style. He's brilliant at those wide ranging and exciting plots (this guy definitely does his research), but the actual words aren't all that great. His characters are rather shallow and uninteresting, as well. Not that I want to discourage reading his books, too much. His best book is definitely Angels and Demons but the others (yes, I include DaVinci Code here) are passable. For a quick sitting-on-the-edge-of-your-seat read the others are good, but none of his books could be mistaken for high literature. I'll be very interested to see DaVinci Code the Movie when it comes out, but (as I've told anyone within shouting distance) I think that Tom Hanks is an aweful choice for Robert Langdon. I like Tom Hanks in most of his movies, but he just doesn't have the rugged good looks that Brown so praises in his books. A slightly younger Harrison Ford-type would have been infinitely better thant Tom Hanks.

Also, I plan on working out an RSS feed for this site soon. I tried to switch on the Atom site feed option they have here at Blogger, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. So I'll try FeedBurner or something soon.

Comments:
The feed is working fine:

http://vistablind.blogspot.com/atom.xml
 
yup, it's working for me, too

-Tom
 
Thanks guys!
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?