.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

May 30, 2006

BolderBoulder

The big event for this weekend was of course the Bolder Boulder 10K race. The worst part was having to wake up at 5 am to catch the bus to Boulder for the start of the race. Since I hadn't trained nearly enough for this race and hadn't run over about 3 miles since the marathon last November, I was sure that I was going to hit a wall around mile 4 but, amazingly enough I got a second wind at Km 7 and ran on ahead of Kim and Ted. I only came in about a minute ahead of the two of them at a little over 52 minutes. At the end my legs were killing me and are still killing me today, just look at the elevation map. Anyway, we got a lovely goody bag with all sorts of post race foods like Sport Jelly Bellies and miniature bagels. Also, we got our free beer. Most of the other races I've been in have made the racers wait in an completely separate line to get their beer, this one I liked a lot better since you got the beer in the same line as your food, very efficient. Anyway, afterwards we sat in the stadium and watched the other racers finishing, there were 26,000 people in the race. Then we wandered around the Expo outside the stadium and tried a bunch of free food. It was a beautiful day and we sat on the grass for a while eating icecream before we headed back into the expo and then caught a bus back to Boulder. That afternoon we all took well deserved naps.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?