.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

October 24, 2006

You people make no sense!

So I'd like to complain, and where better than on my very own blog?

I was hoping to head to Virginia for the week between Christmas and New Years. I mentioned this desire to my boss today and she said that it was unlikely and that she would have to check with her boss to find out for sure. Her reason was that there would be few people in the office and that meant that I would have to stay. This makes no sense whatsoever. If I communicated directly with customers then yes, I would understand. But my job is strictly support for the sales folks, in house and out in the field, and I doubt that any of them will need me at all that week at least not as much as any other week out of the year, since they are the ones that are taking off in the first place. It's not the end of a fiscal quarter or anything. Other people do not do my job nor do I know how to do anyone else's job, so it's not like I could cover for the people who do get that week off. I really don't understand why other people in the office not being around should affect whether or not I can leave. If anything, it should make more sense for me to take off while others take off as there would be fewer people around for me to support in the first place. Argh!

Side note: It makes me laugh that the word 'Blog' is not in the Blogger spellcheck program.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?