.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

August 09, 2006

And Brian has to learn many more names

I flew back east this last weekend and drove up to Long Island for a family reunion. We had a great time. My aunt and uncle's house is pretty amazing with a tennis court and pool. We got a lot of mileage out of that pool as it was incredibly hot the whole weekend. The house was big but there were about 40 of us there so Brian and I ended up in a tent in the back yard. The major draw back of the tent was the fact that we couldn't sleep past about 8 o'clock when the sun would heat the tent to unbearable temperatures. The best part about the weekend was the meals. Every night a different family would be in charge of dinner for 40 and breakfast the next morning. Every meal was wonderful. I really have to start eating better when I'm at home, first step, go to the grocery store.

We all got blue "Hadley Reunion" t-shirts and had our individual pictures taken in the back yard by the chicken coup. My cousin Kirstie will now stitch all of us together in one big happy family photograph, technology at work my friends. I can't wait to see the result.

Brian and I then drove back down to Northern Virginia on Saturday night after dinner since we were afraid of what the Sunday traffic would look like. We had a relaxing Sunday, with lunch at Jaipur (an amazing Indian restaurant in Fairfax, which you should all try) and dinner at my parents house. We also saw Talladega Nights, which was funny but lacked the great supporting characters that Anchorman had. I was so exhausted from the weekend that I managed to sleep the entire plane ride home, which I haven't done since I was about 10.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?