.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

August 21, 2006

The gremlin on my plane

So, I haven't been writing any blog entries for a while but I haven't been reading any blogs for a while either. Well, it made sense in my head. Things are going good for me out here in Colorado. I've been full time (before I was considered a temp) here for almost 2 months now and will finally see some extra money from my pay check this Friday. My AC-free apartment is finally cooling down. I made it through a Judo BBQ at Jerr's without puking. I ran almost 9 miles on Saturday in preparation for the annual VA Beach Half Marathon on Sept 3rd (one day after mine and Becca's birthday). And the pain in my ass intern at work is finally leaving!! His last day is Friday, and I couldn't be more excited.

For those of you who haven't been listening to my endless complaints for the last couple of months I'll give you an update. The online database program that I'm primarily responsible for is getting a complete refresh with a go-live date of October 1st. The refresh, however is spearheaded by the IT department. I'm in the Sales Operations department and therefore have no authority over the little twit they hired to work on the refresh this summer. I have no idea where they found this kid but he's a complete idiot. I might be inclined to give him a little leniency since he had absolutely no training on the database before getting pushed into this project, but I started only a couple weeks before him and was in the same boat. Come on buddy, it's not that hard to figure out! IT's first mistake was hiring this simpering lost cause, but their second mistake was giving the fool System Administrator privileges! For what he's supposed to be doing he does need the privileges but they never should have put a college intern in this position. Over the last couple months he's managed to:



The worst part is that he's such a scam artist, it takes people a while to discover his ineptitude. I was just about fuming when I got out of a meeting with several people that had never met the kid before and kept deferring to him for answers instead of me about stuff I work with everyday. I know he has no idea what he's talking about, but they had no clue. I think that the real reason is that I look my age while this 20 year old, looks about 30.

Those of you who know me might be shocked at my vehemence and use of the word 'twit'. Not to worry I haven't shown any outward signs of my displeasure to this poor clueless numbskull. But I will probably jump for joy when I leave work this Friday and realize that his productivity level will move up to 0% from his current average of -20%.

Comments:
My general rule of thumb is that if Julie doesn't like somebody, they must be the devil incarnate. So consider your back officially gotten. Let's take this punk down.
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?