.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

October 26, 2006

I say 'tomato', you say '蕃茄'

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it gives me this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach when I envision one of these things in the hands of the stereotypical American tourist. If you don't think these people exist, you're either one of them or you've never been outside the US. I see them getting into crazed shouting matches with the terrified Balinese hotel clerk over some jargon filled request that, in Balinese, translated to "bite the wax tadpole". I know, it's not the same thing, but it is how I envision it.

On the other hand, it sounds amazingly cool, and extremely convenient for all of those who dream of going to far off exotic places where, strangely enough, the locals have the gall not to speak English. Also, when coupled with this recent breakthrough, it brings us two steps closer to making the world of Star Trek a reality. Trekkies all over the world, Celebrate!

In other news, it's good to hear that the Russian Mafia is still alive and thriving. Apparently, selling frozen Mammoth ovaries is quite the lucrative business.

Comments:
I have only one problem here -- how the hell am I supposed to know what my little sister is up to if you dont blog anymore..hell I have seen you since your last blog - are you too busy - or am I spoiled by expecting a good laugh from cujo - you are pretty lucky that didnt turn into a conversation type nickname!! hehe we should see you soon (probably before you update this:)! Love Ya - oh yeah and kinda pissed about the whole moving back "home" thing...
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?