.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

April 18, 2006

Mom always said I had a hard head

I'm amazed that it doesn't happen more often but I knocked heads with a girl last night at judo practice. She was going for a throw and I was going for a counter throw or at least a block for her throw and we ended up both going down. She got me on the forehead and I had a nice red mark but that was about it. Unfortunately, I got her on the temple and she felt light headed and dizzy and ended up sitting out the rest of practice, oops. I felt pretty bad, especially when I found out that her boyfriend would have to drive her home and Rob would have to drive her car back for her. But I'm pretty sure she didn't hold it against me since she invited me to go mountain biking with her, if I ever got a bike, and after practice she seemed quite excited about the prospect of having a black eye. She smiled and said "Now I'll look tough!" The whole thing reminded me of the time in highschool that I broke a soccer teammates nose by accident. She was marking me and I turned a little too fast catching her nose with the back of my head. The poor girl had to wear a sport mask the rest of the season.

In other judo news, two of my senseis are competing in the USA Judo Senior National Championships this weekend. While I was looking through the pre-registration list I saw two other names I recognized from my time with a judo club in Arlington. When I was playing the brother and sister they were both still juniors but I'm sure they're amazing now. The brother, Leland, is only 16 years old!

More:
Here's the bio for Sensei Heidi on the USA Judo website. Not too shabby, huh?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?