.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

April 06, 2006

Weirdos where are you?

The weather men have been threatening us with storms for the last several days here in the Denver area. Even though the Denver weathermen are continuously clueless it seems that their predictions might finally come true. There were actually raindrops when I drove back to the office after lunch. Anyway I thought that these clouds were so cool looking that I took a quick snap in the car. (sorry it's so dark)



So with Salesforce down and the only work I have at the moment relying entirely on the program I've nothing to do except stare at the screen. I just got a survey from Budget to do tonight but I'm pretty sure that doing outside contract work on company equipment and time would be frowned upon. I feel so exposed in this cube.

So I'm working in the sales department which is in a separate building across the street from the main building where all the actual science and programming happen. I have this image in my head that the other building is this big party place where all the fun zany people hang out. Here are the reasons I have to think this: 1) Once I got an email saying there was food for grabs over there, 2)I've seen a couple people from there wearing jeans and 3) the zany bizarre people certainly aren't in my building. Don't get me wrong, everyone here seems normal and nice. They makes snide comments to each other over the cube walls and stuff. But there is still something lacking, they're just too normal. Where are all the quirky weirdos? Where are my people?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?