.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

April 17, 2006

Ah, I'm Horribly Sunburned

So even though I put on sunscreen and even reapplied to my arms and face, I still got burnt on both my legs as well as the skin just under my hairline over my forehead. That's what I get for skiing in shorts two miles closer to the sun. But really, who puts sunscreen in their hair?

So here's how it happened, I went skiing yesterday, Easter Sunday, with Rick and his friend Whitney, a crazy fun girl with an unhealthy obsession with raspberry flavored chewy candy. I would tell you the name of the candy but all I remember was that it was something like Manga and I can't google it because of the sheer number of Japanese Comic book sites out there, one even called "Candy Candy". Anyway, we went skiing. It was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky, and the snow conditions weren't terrible. It was so nice out that after a few runs we decided to sit down for a couple of $7 beers and very undercooked burgers halfway up the mountain. We sat there admiring the many people in tanktops skiing and boarding past us. One guy was boarding with nothing but his swim trunks on.



I decide that my legs are really too warm in my waterproof pants and so took them off. I of course dutifully put on sunscreen that Rick had been carrying around in his bag as soon as I finished my food. However, it was obviously too late as you can see. Here I am clueless to the fact that I'm already burning.



We sat there for a while, unwilling to move from our comfortable lounge chairs and occupied ourselves by calling people to wish them a happy Easter and throwing snow balls at the ski poles sticking up in the snow in front of us.

We were even visited by the Easter Santa,



who gave us little chocolate Easter eggs out of his fanny pack.

Once we pulled ourselves out of our chairs, we headed over to the base to stand and listen to a nice band while drinking tasty margaritas. We even got the added treat of a Streaking Boarder, unfortunately my camera hand wasn't quick enough to capture the moment.

All in all it was a gorgeous last day of the ski season even if my legs are now burnt in a very unsightly blotchy fashion and my hairline will probably peel in a day or two and look suspiciously like a terrible case of dandruff.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?