.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

April 10, 2006

Team Beer Strikes Again

Since they were released a few years ago I never paid much attention to the crazy wheel shoes that so many kids are wearing these days. But after going to a Judo tournament and seeing all the kids from my judo club zooming around the gym in them, I have to admit they look incredibly fun. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I'm too old to go around sporting such mobile footwear, though I'm pretty sure I could probably find them in my size. Ah well, maybe I'll invest in a pair of rollerblades instead and go zooming around Wash Park with my sis.

The Judo tournament was fun, I didn't participate though since it was only for higher ranking belts (brown and black) and I'm not quite up to that challenge yet. I'm told there's another tournament in a month or so that has a lower rank division, so look forward to the play by play in the future.

Afterwards there was dinner and then four of us went out for drinks and pool at some college bar near DU. I had great time. One of the guys is Mongolian and apparently an amazing Judo player, he's in some national tournament in a month or so and a quick google search reveals that he came in 5th in the US Open last year and used to be on the Mongolian National team, anyway the poor guy is still working on his english proficiency and conversations with him are fairly difficult. We did learn that in Mongolia dogs say "gwa, gwa" and the word for beer sounds suspiciously like pew.

Yesterday Kim and an old friend of hers (in town for the weekend) and I went to the mall to see the "Mask Project". It was pretty cool with masks painted by all sorts of random artists and celebrities. One of the ones that made me laugh was William Shatner's. So many of the actors would just have other people paint the mask and then sign their name to it, but I'm fairly certain that Bill did is own painting. Another one I liked was done by Mimi the Elephant, it's her "trunk print". Anyway, I thought it was cute.

Afterwards, I got a lesson in car maintenance from Rob (the other judo guy from the night before) and his friend Ty (sp?). I "helped" them change the oil in their cars and do some crazy bypass surgery on Rob's electrical system. Apparently something was draining the battery on his very old car so that every time he stopped driving it he had to detach the battery. So now he has one key to start the car and another plastic key to put in a switch, that we installed to the left of the steering wheel, that completes the battery circuit. The whole thing is very ghetto but it was fun to play around with the inside of the car. Sorry I didn't take pictures of the whole thing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?