.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

October 25, 2005

Nano vs. Video

Alright, so here's what happened. After several months of needing a car adapter for my ipod I finally broke down and bought one from Amazon. It worked for about a day then promptly fried my poor ipod mini. I was totally bummed and have now been ipodless for several weeks. Luckily, I'm a sucker and was convinced when I bought the ipod from Best Buy to also invest in the warranty. So this weekend I took it back to the Best Buy in tyson's corner in order to either get it fixed or exchanged. The Geek Squad guy checked it for me and verified that it was indeed dead, and informed me that since Apple no longer makes ipod mini's I'll have to exchange it for either a Nano or Video ipod. Here is my dilemma. Which one do I get? I originally bought the Mini for $250 which is currently what the 4 GB Nano is running for, while the 30GB Video is about $300.

Pro Nano:
It's tiny!
It would be great to run with.
It's 4 GB so the playlist I transfer over from my computer might be more manageable, (I find managing even a 6GB playlist a little overwhelming)
It's the same price as what I paid for the mini so it won't cost extra.
Has photo capability.

Pro Video:
The video capability (not sure how much I would use this though, but might be fun for video podcasts and tv shows)
30GB bigger space that what my mini was and I don't have to fill it with music of course so if I wanted to i could keep my playlist smaller and manageable.
I believe it has a longer lasting battery.

Unfortunately, neither has an itrip out yet but hopefully that won't take too long.

Comments:
hmm. well, if you were happy with the storage on the mini, I'd probably go with the nano. I like having plenty of space on my ipod, though.
 
if u want an ipod, you can go to www.getipodsforfree.com and do an offer. follow the instructions and they'll actually send you a freeipod, no joke, there's reviews all over the internet
 
I have the same dilemma - what did you go with?? Everyone is telling me I'm stupid to go with the nano when for 50 bucks I get so much more. If I had it my way, I'd get another mini!
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?