.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

September 21, 2004

"I shot the ground"

Ok sorry I haven't posted in a little while, I've been a bit busy at work. This weekend I finished my housesitting duties and had a relaxing friday and saturday night. Watched Sky Captain, which was alright, I guess I'm not a fan of the all blue screen look or the obnoxious dialogue, but I can see how some people would really like it. Being all for special effects in most forms I can't whole heartedly dissuade people from seeing the movie. I also saw Havana Nights with Matt on Sat. night, I actually really liked this movie. Although it marketed itself as a remake of Dirty Dancing (a movie I love) it didn't push it and actually added to the root plot of uptown girl and downtown boy get together and fight the authorities through dancing. The addition of the Cuban Revolution added a sort of background seriousness to the movie which was appealing and thankfully non-overpowering. The best parts of the movie however, are the soundtrack (full of Cuban folk and dance music) and the extended cameo of Patrick Swazye. I had no idea going into this movie that he was in it, and the revelation for some reason made me exceedingly happy.

On Sunday, Naomi and I went to a Knitting Expo (Knit-out and Crouchet) where we learned to crochet and refreshed on Knitting. It was silly and fun and I'm extremely glad that I went, especially since it was a magnificent day and afterwards we walked around the mall and headed towards the WWII Memorial, there wasn't a cloud in the sky.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?