.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

September 01, 2004

Time is on my side

As September 1st comes around I am reminded of two things. Exactly one month and five days until I head to Bali and Hong Kong, WOOHOO! and tomorrow is my birthday. As I turn 24 tomorrow I can rest easy knowing that 1) I still have another year till I have to take the dreaded test to renew my license and 2) Becca is still exactly 1 year older than me. Sorry Becca I had to do it :-).

I was thinking that I would write up a wish list not a birthday wishlist really just things i'm missing. So here it is in no particular order:

New Laptop: i've been scanning craiglist every day in hopes of finding the perfect one.
Wave Bird Gamecube controller: those cords really get in the way, and I don't really like the 2nd controller that I have since it does funky things in Super Monkey Ball 2: Bowling.
New Comforter/Bedspread: my old one is shedding and clumping
Someone to write me a recommendation for Grad School: where do you find these?
More time to read novels and scifi books
Someone to fill out Grad School applications come winter
New watch band or watch: this thing really is getting ratty
A haircut (big star), uh, just kidding
A magical current changer to charge my camera over seas that is small enough to take with you without needing an extra peice of luggage, or just a second battery
A second memory card for said camera
An amazing score on the GRE's that will get me into any school without sending in a letter of recommendation
Bike rack that will fit on my car
My memory: where are you?
A new niece or nephew: I can't wait

I think that that's it. Here's a picture of some sort of bird of prey, that lives on that pyling there in the entrance to Harrington Harbor, where my parents keep their boat.


Comments:
Check the input voltages allowed by your digital camera charger and you may find that it can handle the European (or whatever) voltages (mine can). Then you could get by with a simple 50 cent adapter that will allow you to plug it into the weirdly shaped socket.

If you're looking for a memory card, I'd be happy to let you borrow my 512MB card for your travels assuming it's compatible with your camera.

Oh, and happy birthday! September is the best month.

Brian
 
Thanks Brian, I'll check that out as soon as I get home.
 
oops apparently the comments aren't editable. that was me, obviously. Brian I think my camera is CompactFlash or whatever the regular one is, that would be awesome if i could borrow it! You Rock!
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

-Na
 
Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?