.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

August 31, 2004

Alimento Squisito

Last night I went out to Maggianos in Tyson's with Matt's family in honor of his younger brother leaving for his first year of college. The food was DELICIOUS, I ate way too much. After much "discussion" we decided to get the family style meal, which of course only led to more "discussion" about what to eat. With much poking and prodding we tried to get Nathan to choose one dish of each course (we were allowed 2) but poor Nathan was not prepared for the responsibility. He chose the fried cheese appetizer then left the rest up to us. My favorite were the Mussels, I unabashedly ate nearly half the dish, although I was slightly beat by Matt's dad.

I believe I only embarrassed myself once. When Matt's dad was grinding the pepper into the oil for the bread, I was utterly fascinated. I found the pepper falling into the oil mesmerizing. Half the pepper floats on top and then the other half falls to the bottom like tiny black snowflakes. Ok so it's not all that exciting but, Matt's dad must have thought I was sick or something because I was staring at it so intently. Embarrassment aside, it was a great and boisterous meal, and a big thanks to Matt's dad and uncle for footing the bill.

Here's another picture from the Alhambra in Granada, Spain, circa 1998.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?