.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

August 30, 2004

That Izzle, he's so hot right now

So another friday night and another terrible bowling score. I mean really could I be any worse of a bowler? Here are my scores: 74, 69, 71. I ardently believe that bowling is my anti-sport, the more I practice the worse I get. There really was a time when I could get over 100 but, I think I'll have to boycott bowling for another year to get back up to even that! I go bowling with Matt's entire extended surrogate family, who are really great and fun people; his nephew Evan is adorable. But really, I just suck at bowling. It just isn't all that fun for me to play a game that I seem to have no hope of ever being good at. Maybe if I didn't bowl for 10 years straight I'd be like a bowling god for one game. (side note: I rock at Super Monkey Ball 2 bowling, it's just the real bowling that baffles me.)

Satuday Naomi, Matt, and I drove down to C-ville. Did a bit of shopping on the corner, reading in the library, movie watching at the downtown mall, eating at Wild Wings and rocking out at Starr Hill.

Plan 9 still a fun store to browse at but they neglected to make sure that the CD was actually in Matt's Blues Traveler case which was quite annoying, but ah well.

Alderman Cafe wasn't open so no Greenberries, a bummer, but I really did miss the smell of those stacks.

I really liked the movie Hero. Since I was forewarned (thanks Jess) not to expect an amazing plot, I got to focus on enjoying the scenery and the visuals, which were fantastic. Everything had a magical feel to it, especially the fight scenes which were possibly more surreal and beautiful than the ones in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, but I'd have to watch that movie again to be sure. Anyway, Matt and I both liked it but Naomi thought it was enhhh.

Wild Wings was just how I remembered it. Lemon Pepper wings are still my favorite, YUM!

Scott rocked his concert! We had a great time and I got to see a ton of people I wasn't expecting such as Dellis, Hunter, Tracy, Dan (who used to live above us in Lambeth) and the surprise Kara who I used to run Track with in High School. I must say Izzle, I liked your new t-shirt "Your girlfriend wants me", too funny. And I bet your parents liked it as well, :-). You are a braver person than I.

After the show we stopped by Franks and saw Catherine's Bro, Peter, who was drunk, I believe, and exhausted from ROTC orientation week but still able to inform me that fires are rather common on submarines, I had no idea.

Sunday Na and I went to see Catherine, Tom and Charles' new place in the city, under the pretense of helping them move. The apartment is great! High ceilings, new wood floors, skylights, a great deck... but i'm sure you'll hear all about it over at unrequited narcissism.

After that I went over to the Roosevelt Island parking lot for a picnic with friends from work. We had way more food than needed, the kids fed and watered the ducks. We tried to explain that as they are swimming in millions of gallons of water they most likely do not need the bottled water, but young Madelaine was not to be swayed.

Here is a picture of cute little Sophia:




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Vistablind Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?